Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rather Sweet

Me and the roomies took a two-day vacation over the July 4th holiday weekend. We loaded up and headed to Fredericksburg, TX. It took us a long six hours to get there... a few stops and a yummy sit down dinner @ Stonewerks in San Antonio.

We settled in our hotel room late Thursday, tried to go swimming (but the pool was disgusting...), and finally just hung out in our hotel room. Friday morning we started early and started shopping around the town. There were a ton of cute, cute shops. My favorites: Henfeathers, Grandma Daisy's and a scrapbooking store.

We stopped for lunch at a place that was recommended to us, and it was DELIGHTFUL. "Rather Sweet" was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Their sandwiches were to die for. Such incredible bread. We felt a little ripped off my our desserts. They all nuts in them which we didn't enjoy and they cost a fortune... so if you ever go, just make sure you know what you are getting and how much it costs. Liz's brownie cost 6 dollars! And my chocolate chip cookie (3$) was very nutty and not very chocolate-chippy :(

After that we headed to the hotel for a quick nap before we embarked on climbing Enchanted Rock. It was hot, and the sun was baring down on us but we did it. The view was great.

Back to the hotel for showers and dressing up for a nice dinner. We went to Pasta Bella (delightful as well... it comes very highly recommended!) At Pasta Bella, Christi found her new husband and that was fun :) I left her number for our waiter just as a joke (because I knew it would drive her crazy...) and he called! Haha!

It was a good trip over all.. I'm glad we went.

For the fourth, David and I hung out with my family (my daddy cooked hamburgers! yum!) and then headed over to his family for some fireworks. I did a Roman Candle for the first time! I'm proud :)


Me and David after the Fourth of July celebrations
About to climb Enchanted Rock :) 
Christi and I at Rather Sweet, about to eat one of the best meals of our lives :) 
Roommates, about to go swimming...
3/4 of us at dinner. 

No comments: