Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bittersweet

Today is a bittersweet day.

I'm packing up my apartment, and it is a really weird feeling.
When I got here, I imagined making a life here in this apartment, living here for several years. I imagined what it would be like to live here, entertain here, cook here, and maybe one day, not even live here alone :) And so now that it's over, it feels weird.
Don't get me wrong, I still feel like I'm walking forward in the best way possible, but it is still kinda surreal, and very bittersweet.

I'm sad to pack up all my fun kitchen stuff. I know that I will use it all again someday soon, but until then, I will miss all my kitchen goodies. I will miss coming home and seeing that my DVR has taped like 7 Monks from me to choose from. I will miss getting to decorate and re-decorate any way that I want. I will miss quiet spaces and time.

I won't miss being afraid of being alone at night. I won't miss trying to combat an evil cockroach by myself. I won't miss trying to cook and plan meals for one. And I won't miss Waco water.

Here are some long awaited pictures.


Even though I think that heading to Houston for school is the right thing to do, I will remember this place and time fondly. I am grateful for the opportunity that has been.

To Houston tomorrow!!!

No comments: