Friday, May 30, 2008

learning to be redeemed....

I read this quote about how we were made for the eternal, how we long for it, and when we hurt, its usually because something changed or didn't last. I've been thinking about how true that is... I want things that won't change and won't end... but the only thing that can be that for me is Jesus. and so I guess it's made me grateful (even more so) for Him.
I have a friend upset with me. She wrote me a letter telling me I have pulled back; I haven't been a friend to her lately. I haven't allowed her to be a friend to me. I didn't mean to hurt her. I hate that it happened. but its made me realize that not only the world we live in is broken, but I'm broken too.
I think I'm pretty good at hoping things/seeing things for people and for situations, and when it doesn't happen, or we fall short of what can be, I feel so burdened. I needed a wake up call that I'm not Savior. Does that make sense at all? I guess it seems pretty obvious but I needed to learn it.
and through thinking about this, I feel forgiveness with someone who hurt me. I've heard this person's heart and I know that it doesn't like brokenness anymore than the next person. We are all broken. we all long for the eternal, but until then...we aren't ....we are learning to live in the brokenness, learning to be redeemed...

No comments: