Monday, June 2, 2008

grateful

i'm very grateful for my mom. in the midst of crazy hard things lately, she never stops caring for me, encouraging me, and praying for me.

she sent me this verse today in an email: Isaiah 43.18,19 "Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

i'm grateful for this word from YHWH that she reminded me of. He is in the business of taking things and making them beautiful. Something that seems so terrible, so awful, He can use it for good. I remember when a good friend committed suicide several years ago. everything about that was awful. Yet, now, several years out, I can see how He took something so awful and made it into something that could be used for good. Looking back, i can see lessons we learned in the midst of grieving Paula.
I needed to be reminded of this. I need to hope (an assurance kind of hope...) and know and live that YHWH will use this time in my life for good. He says in Isaiah that new things are springing up. I need to trust that the former - the heartbreak, the hurt - are former things. i need to forget those and know that He will transform those things into something beautiful. I need to trust that.

No comments: