Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer GetAway 2011

My wonderful sweets surprised me last week with plans for a quick trip to San Antonio and SeaWorld! We're both working most everyday all day so getting away for a vacation just seemed like it wasn't going to happen... but D worked it out!

We left Sunday afternoon and arrived in San Antonio just in time for a sundown walk along the riverwalk. It was wonderful. The riverwalk has always been one of my favorite places :) And I've never been there with the mister, so it was wonderful to share in this with him!

Monday morning we headed out to seaworld! I was SO excited to see Shamu. I went to seaworld as a kid and have never forgotten it... I was so giddy - we sat in the splash zone, right in the middle and had a GREAT view of shamu and all his tricks. We rode the Journey to atlantis, saw the AZUL show (some of the most amazing diving I have ever seen!), petted dolphins, saw sharks and penguins, went to a 4D show, saw a sea lion play, and ate at rositas! And probably more, that I have already forgotten! As we were leaving, David bought me a baby shamu as a souvenir. I love my sweetie.

I was planning on taking pictures with my ipod, but unfortunately, I didnt plan well enough and it was out of battery, so I didn't get any pictures, which makes me really sad, but I still know I will remember this getaway. It was such a surprise, such a gift, and such a blessing.

Side note - as more and more time goes on, I am more and more amazed by David. He is such a gift to me. He is my friend and encourager. His love is so selfless and he is an example to me.





No comments: