Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Journibles

I read about these the other day and I think it is a really interesting idea.
Journibles: The 17:18 series comes from a passage in Deuteronomy.

17:18-19 reads:
"And when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, he shall write for himself in a book a copy of this law, approved by the Levitical priests. And it shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes, and doing them..."

First off, I think it is interesting to think about how easily available we have the Word of God. I've come across this before on my trips to China - when I realize that believers over there often have to hid their Bibles - if they get their hands on one copy of the Scriptures, they absolutely treasure it.. all the while, I have probably 10 or 15 copies on my bookshelf! And then to think about when this Scripture was written. How they only had one copy of the instruction that YHWH had given them, and if they wanted to know it, they would have to copy it down for themselves and take it with them. How easily we have access to the Scriptures now! And how often is this something we take for granted. Not always have believers had this opportunity and even now, in some parts of the world, they still don't!

I ordered myself the Psalm 119 version to try this out. I'm really looking forward to it too - I know that one of the ways I study the best is to write things out. So I greatly look forward to doing this.

Here's an example page:



So you write out the Scriptures in the allotted space, but they also have questions to encourage thinking and understanding and then room for journaling.
Looking forward to studying God's Word in this way.

No comments: