Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seven Months

Seven months ago TODAY, a bold, handsome, and good-to -the-core man took me out for coffee.
Our conversation was full of information, smiles, and laughter.

I remember some interesting characters walked past our table that day, but his eyes did not move from me. For whatever reason, they were fixed on me. This made me giddy, nervous, enthralled, and anxious all at the same time.

And then towards the end of that conversation his words came, slow but strong: "I like you."

Two months ago TODAY, my incredible sweet and wonderful boyfriend was out of town with me visiting a school. Past my tears and worries about an upcoming move for me, his words came again. Faster this time, perhaps more nervous: "I love you."

I like you, too.
And, I love you, too.

No comments: