Thursday, June 18, 2009

sick of being sick

I woke up Monday night, feeling awful... a pounding headache and very sore throat. I was frustrated because I've already had strep throat TWICE this year... I woke up, showered, even wore a skirt to work, in an attempt to feel better... but it just wasn't happening. My throat was still on fire, and I was chilled.... chilled like I don't remember ever being chilled before.

I finally left work and managed to score a late doctor's appointment. I absolutely despise getting the throat swab thing, but oh well.. I did that and a flu test but both came back negative. My doctor sent me home with no diagnosis (except a really high fever) but with an antibiotic.

I was house/dog sitting at my parent's so I decided to crash there... my sweet David came over and took such good care of me. I am so grateful for him. He even brought me a rose. I'm sick/nasty/scary-looking in my pj's and the man brings me a rose... too sweet. He wrote this prayer for me later... "In your infinite grace heal my Ashley's weak body and fortify it, and prepare us both for the good work that you set aside for us..." ... so grateful for this man.

I'm back at work today...not sure if I should be... but oh well..
We'll try.

No comments: