Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Day :)

I'm not even sure how to begin journaling about this day. It was such a whirlwind!

Well, David was also graduating that morning, so I guess we will begin there :) My friend Liz and I snuck into graduation and watched him walk across the stage. Even though I couldn't be there WITH him, I was so grateful for the chance to see him walk across the stage. Liz and I headed back home where everyone was getting ready!!!

My mom, Amber, Liz and I headed out to the church where all my girls were meeting up in the bridesroom. Getting ready seemed to go by so fast. Melody was an AMAZING hair stylist and makeup artist. She took great care of me.

After I was ready and in my dress, it was time to meet David. Ashley and Meryl guarded the doors and I walked in, and there he was. My groom. David looked amazing in his white tuxedo. David and I sat down and prayed - thanking God for each other, for this day, for this covenant that we were about to make. It was such a sweet special time. But it was over too soon....and in came all the family and attendants and pictures began!!

After I was finished with pictures, I went back to the bridesroom with all the girls and my mom. We had a sweet sweet time of prayer (and later I found out David's guys prayed over him too). Then, before I knew it, it was time.
It was a LOT easier walking down the aisle because I had already seen David.

Everything went well in the service... the songs, the readings, Jerome and Dr. Marshall... everything was great. I was so grateful, and so excited!

After a few more pictures, we headed to the reception. When we came in, we were introduced. At first, we didn't know what to do or where to go. Everyone was looking at us, but finally one of my bridesmaids led us to our table. The evening was filled with eating, talking, cake cutting, toasts, dancing, and more dancing.


Some special moments to remember:
- I loved dancing with my dad to "I loved her first." it was such a special time. so grateful for my daddy.
- david and i LOVED that we had so much support from pecan grove there. and we loved that they joined in on all the dancing. we imagined that our college buds would be out there line dancing and such, but we loved having our church family join in on all the fun too!
-having laura there, like i said before, was so great. she means the world to me, and i was so grateful for her and rachel both to be there.
- it was also great to have family there. we see family sometimes but never all together and never both families together.
- grateful for my mom and all her help that went into helping me plan this. i couldnt have done it without her and i would not have wanted to! thank you mom!

No comments: