Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Engagment

Well, I guess we should begin with the engagement.

David told me that he was working late, and so I decided to go out to dinner with my family before he got back. We went way out of our way for dinner. I wasn't sure why, but it seems like it was all part of the master plan ....so that on the way home we could stop by New Territory park.

My dad suggested we stop for a walk on the way home. I said I didn't really want to because David was at home waiting on us. But my family insisted on stopping for a walk, but I just couldn't understand this... why we would make David wait, while we stopped for a walk.

Well, little did I know Mr David was waiting for me at the park. There's a beautiful gazebo there, he had decorated it with candles, and was standing there holding roses. I was SO surprised!

David sang me a song, got down on one knee and delivered the most romantic speech known to man, and then asked me to be his wife. Then, he stood up and asked me for our first dance as an engaged couple.

We spend the rest of the evening calling friends, making plans and just being happy together :)


No comments: