Monday, February 14, 2011

Lessons Learned

So last Monday night, my car died and David and I were going to try to jump it to get it to the store.
But...I accidentally locked his keys in his car (our one working car). So now we had two immobile cars right next to each other. I was SO mad at myself.

We went and tried to get ahold of some locksmiths, but the cheapest we could find was $65. This made me even more mad. WHY had this happened to us? We were just trying to fix a problem, and then things had to get even worse? WHY?

David's reaction was totally different. He was calm, patient, reassuring me that everything would be okay.

Liz knew that Christi had triple A and they would unlock the car for us for free so long as she was there... but Christi lives at least thirty minutes away. I hated to ask her to come all the way out there. But she was so willing. When I talked to her on the phone, she was like 'of course! i will come rescue you!" - glad and willing to help.

I learned a lot through our car woes that evening.

Through Christi, YHWH showed me an example of such sweet friendship. Christi and Kenny were sitting down to a movie... would i have been as willing to help as she? if david and i were watching a movie and a friend called me to go 30 minutes across town, would i have jumped at the opportunity to be of service? I'm afraid of my answer. Thank you Christi.

Through David, YHWH taught me to be patient - to have more faith. to not ask 'why' when something goes wrong. but to have faith. to trust that YHWH has a plan, a reason a purpose. He will see us through.

And see us through He did! we had a wonderful friend come rescue us, we got our car unlocked for free! we got the other car jumped and started, and when we got to the store, we got a brand new battery for free! YHWH more than provided for us. And we would not have seen all of this unless we had these car issues in the first place. This is WHY it had to happen. So that I might learn about my Savior's provision. That I might see an example of true friendship in my sweet friend- a serving and willing heart. that i might see an example of faith in my sweet husband.

Oh may I never ask 'why.' May I always, in every situation, look to see what YHWH is doing, and join Him there.
Oh may I be an ever willing and serving friend.

No comments: